General qualifications for a master thesis at AIT in my group
- Academic studies of electrical engineering, telecommunication engineering, computer science or similar
- Solid knowledge in digital signal processing and the description of linear systems
- Very good knowledge of either German or English fluent in spoken and written
- A state-of-the-art software defined radio lab
- An international research environment
- Possibility for talented master students to pursuit a doctoral degree in the field of wireless communications
Currently offered topics in my group at AIT (AIT career website)
- High Speed Ray-Tracing on Graphic Cards Ray tracing is an important tool for 5G channel modelling for both mm-Wave high bitrate links as well as ultra-reliable low-latency communications (URLLC). The accuray of ray tracing comes at high computational complexity. You shall use modern GPU techniques to achieve a fast implementation.
- Translate the MATLAB code of an existing ray-tracing tool into a GPU, C or C++ environment in order to significantly reduce the simulation time,
- Validation of the implementation by comparison with measurements of real-world radio propagation channels.
If you are interested in a master thesis at AIT please contact me via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and send me your CV, a short statement of motivation, and the transcript of your courses finished so far.
More general information for students can be found at the AIT website: ait.ac.at.